My goal is to create a timeless masterpiece capturing the true essence of an individual.
Meeting with the Client/Subject
A painting begins with listening to my client’s ideas concerning his/her portrait.
Things to consider:
• Number of subjects
• Size (head and shoulders, ¾ length, full length)
• Where the painting will be hung
• The photo session takes place at the location being considered for the background of the painting.
• Occasionally, a pre-existing photo can be used, but only if it is of highest quality.
• Initial 1/3 payment is made at the completion of the photo session.
Planning & Approval
• Several choices will be presented to the client so that a final decision can be made about the painting.
• A small compositional color study will be approved by the client. This can be done in person or email.
Completion of Painting
• Upon request, pictures of the progress will be emailed to the client to keep you updated through out the process.
Delivery of Portrait
• Upon delivery the client will have the option of a final sitting for minor corrections and changes.
The portrait will be presented for the approval of the client. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
• Final payment is due at this time.
The culmination of these steps will result in a priceless heirloom.
Process for Commissions